Monday, August 13, 2012

I WON

I got the BEST news a couple of weeks ago!  I had entered a contest on Facebook through Creative Teaching Press (CTP)... and WON!!!  Yep, I'm one of those people who seem to never win anything.  But this time I did!  And it was perfect timing too.  Going back to school, and having two classrooms, is not easy on the pocketbook.  And since I'm not "earning" (cough, cough) a paycheck yet, I don't have any wiggle room in my budget for real classroom decorating.  This win was perfect!  Especially since I love CTP products!

Creative Teaching Press gave me $50 to spend on any decor items of my choice.  Well, if you know me, making a decision is not the easiest thing.  Especially when there are so many great options.  I ended up going with my original product love - Dots on Turquoise!  Aren't these bulletin borders just too cute!?  Perfect for a fun and fresh art classroom.



So as part of my decorating plan, I wanted something super cute to hang from the ceiling to mark table numbers.  I ordered these Dots on Turquoise 6" Designer Cutouts...


The plan is write the table numbers on them and hang them from the cute paper lanterns that I ordered from The Knot.  At the time of purchase, they were on sale for .99 each (for the 10" size).

The lanterns arrived yesterday!  I'm loving the colors even more than I thought I would.  I think they'll go perfectly with the Dots on Turquoise items I ordered!


I can't wait until the CTP items arrive...  I'm a lucky girl!  Check out CTP's Facebook Page for lots of ideas and inspiration!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the win! And the lanterns and dots look like a really cute idea to number the tables. Make sure to post pictures of your rooms once you decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will definitely post pics! I just got word that I am allowed in one of my classrooms now. I haven't received the items from CTP yet, but as I do, the pictures will be posted! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jennifer! Be sure to check back next week for some great before & after classroom pictures!

    ReplyDelete