Friday, August 3, 2012

The Anticipation

    So I'm starting a blog.  What?  Yep.  I'm going to try it.  Bare with me.  I really don't know what I'm doing... But I'm going to give it shot.  So here goes...


   After being laid off for three years, I'm going back to school... as the art teacher.  It's all good timing, really.  I've loved staying home with my kids, but I have to be honest... Being a stay-at-home mom isn't as fun as it sounds when you have no extra money to spend.  I know, I know, there are lots of free things to do with kids, especially in the Cincinnati area.  But with gas prices as high as they've been, it wasn't exactly "free".  So, with my youngest in her last year of preschool, I'm ready to be back in the classroom!
 
   The anticipation of going back to school is REALLY building.  I will be at TWO schools this time around, teaching 1st and 2nd at both.  I even fall asleep thinking about how I'm going to decorate my classroom, what lessons I'm going to start the year with, and what my classrooms might look like.  Yep.  That's right.  I don't even know what my classrooms look like!

  I am SO glad that as I get ready for this school year I have the seeming unlimited resource of Pinterest!  Check out some of my boards!

Classroom Decor and Organization
 http://pinterest.com/staceyallenart/classroom-decor-and-organization/

Here's one example of what you will find on this board.  (Unfortunately, there is no link provided for the original source.)  What a great idea to show value! 



Art Ed Handouts, Forms, and More
 http://pinterest.com/staceyallenart/art-ed-handouts-forms-more/

Artists
http://pinterest.com/staceyallenart/artists/

Classroom jackpot, right?!  I love Pinterest.  Feel free to look around some of my other boards while you're there!

3 comments:

  1. Love it!! Good Luck Stacey! I look forward to reading all of your posts as you stART your journey back to school!! Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find it interesting to find a teacher from the Cincinnati area! I live in Louisville now, but I grew up in Cincinnati. I think it's interesting that you're teaching at 2 schools, and just teaching 1st and 2nd grade! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete